I love, love, love being off birth control!
I feel so much more like me, I didn't even realize the difference.
It's funny, deciding to try to conceive has put me in the most romantic mood! And I don't mean sexy... It's like a brand new marriage vow, a whole new level of commitment to each other. This commitment to contributing half ourselves to a confirmed future... It's hard to explain, because it's not that I ever took my marriage vows lightly or thought of them has anything but forever, this is just so much more intense.
I bought my first graviditas* dress. It's not an actual maternity dress. It's long and cotton and a blue toile print. Love it, so comfy. The sales woman wished me luck in filling it out. It'll be great during the summer for bbqs and such.
*Graviditas is Latin for pregnancy. I hate the terms "preggers" and "preggo" and all other derivatives. You've been warned. Hormonal outbursts will ensue.