Friday, March 13, 2009

Ugh! Women are crazy.

There's a wedding website, theknot.com, that has expanded it's empire to include thenest and thebump. Thebump is for those ttc (trying to conceive), already pregnant, and with children. I thought it would have some decent information. Instead it is nothing but a glorified chat board with the occasional article.

And the chatboards are just nasty! I lurked in a few of them for the last couple of weeks, watching the dynamic. Anyone who uses the words "preggie" "preggers" or "prego" is instantly flamed (insulted and mocked). I don't care for those words either, but I don't understand the harm if the words are being used towards oneself. 

Anyone who asks a question about cycles, periods, or "what does this mean" concerning spotting is also flamed. I'm really fortunate to have been raised to know what my body does and how it works. But not everyone is so fortunate, and I really don't see the point in insulting them, nor the harm in answering their questions.  

People actually post that boards are boring today, somebody say something bitchy or stupid so we can all attack. It's just ridiculous. First of all, how do all of these women have time to monitor this shit all day? I don't have much of a schedule, but I'm not on 24/7 monitoring the use of 'preggers'. Half of them are hormonal, the third trimester women make fun of the first trimester women for being uncomfortable. The other half are bitchy and bitter because they haven't joined the pregnant club. 

I'm so disappointed! I guess I was expecting this positive environment of like-minded women who are experiencing something amazing and sharing. Instead it's a den of harpies. Maybe I can find a group in Kansas City that meets occasionally.

No comments: