Tuesday, May 26, 2009

First prenatal appointment: Check.

It was surprisingly nice to hear, "That is definitely a pregnant uterus." It's not just a stomach bug and a really late period! 

I really like my doctor. She's the regular physician for both Ryan and I, and she'll be the one who delivers. I don't think she understands quite how naturally or holistically I want to do this, so hopefully we'll be on the same page. 95% of her patients get epidurals, which I think has something to do with the hospital being in Johnson County. I won't be going that road.

She makes herself available at all times to her pregnant patients, she has kids, and she's a she. All of these things make me more comfortable with her. She only 2 or 3 sonograms though out the pregnancy, not every week like so many do.

You can read about the facility here: http://www.menorahmedicalcenter.com/SpecSrvc.asp

And the classes the center offers here: http://www.healthyarrivals.org:80/oprmc/Default.aspx

Next week we're going in for a viability check and to (hopefully) hear the heartbeat.

Tomorrow I get my levels: Hcg, progesterone, sugar, protein, blood type (already know, but they like to double check).

After the doctor's appointment, since Ryan had the whole afternoon off, we went to see the new Terminator movie. Learned my lesson about pregnancy, large beverages, and 2 and a half hour movies. Made it through the whole thing though!  And it's pretty decent if you like action movies. I heard Christian Bale's tirade when it leaked, but after seeing this movie, I can see where you'd behave that way if you're in character and going with it and interrupted. It's an intense role. Not that I condone that behavior.

No comments: