Friday, June 5, 2009

Ever since my ultrasound on Monday, where they did a vaginal one as well as a jelly belly one, I've been spotting. Which didn't bother me, it's normal, and it was really light and brown.

And then today it decided to become red and slightly heavier. And still, I was zen. It cleared up, I did not worry. And then it came back. And I called my doctor.

I was really impressed, because after hours on a Friday she called me back a minute after I called her service. And she told me that my ultrasound looked great, my hormone levels are outstanding, and she really feels in her gut that everything is fine. She agreed with me that if I was miscarrying there isn't anything that could be done, but said she really didn't think that was happening, even though she can't guarantee it. 

I can't have sex until the bleeding stops (wasn't going to happen anyway, as I'm a nauseous, nauseous human being. Ryan started wearing cologne more often because I can no longer stand the smell of him. Looking forward to the mythological 2nd trimester sexiness). And I have to take it easy for the next few days--no heavy lifting or lawn mowing (her words). Which gets me out of helping Court and Tam move. Though, I feel a little bad about that. 

Fingers crossed! I really appreciated the docs reassurance though. 

No comments: