Friday, June 12, 2009

I'm Officially A Chunk-Chunk

I ordered my first maternity-like clothing item today--a three pack of **Belly Bands**

I'm wearing one of my favorite shirts, an orange sleeveless knit BCBG v-necked top with a deeply scooped back. Knit, as you know, is clingy. And my freshly washed jeans are a bit snugger in the waist then they have been when previously washed. Going to be time to pop a button soon. 

Which feels like major failure. My workouts have been dwindling, as all I do is sleep and eat grapes, and I fully recognize that pregnancy involves that dreaded weight gain. 

But I blame the effing model for the Belly Band. "Suzie McSkinny is 18 weeks pregnant and using her belly band to hold up her barely unbuttoned jeans!" 

Suck it, McSkinny. 

I'm 9 weeks pregnant, yes, HALF AS PREGNANT, which makes me twice as fat. Which is doubly unfair since I live on fruit and can't even look at mashed potatoes. 

1 comment:

Shoshanna said...

Embrace the beauty of pregnancy! I am sure you look great!