Sunday, August 30, 2009

20 weeks today! The official halfway point, though unlikely the actual halfway point.

Commemorated with my first heartburn experience. The midwife's assistant said B6 and ginger tea would help, so when we leave for the store in a few minutes I'll be getting B6 (I have ginger tea).

SO nice to sleep in our bed on our amazing mattress. Our hotel was charming, but the mattress was hard as a rock and very thin (Ryan flopped onto it and felt a board with his knee).

I'm uploading our vacation pics to picasa, I'll post them to the right when finished. There are a lot, and most are unedited. So the first few days are a little over exposed, but then we got used to all that the camera can do and corrected.

Ryan's been very, very awesome. He made me rest when I was exhausted in Paris. I did not want to be the reason we missed anything, so I was willing to push it. But we didn't really miss anything, except the Musee D'Armee and Napolean's tomb. In hindsight, I think I would rather have missed the Pompidou Centre. But now we know.

I will miss cafes in the morning with croissants and fresh squeezed orange juice (everywhere!) and being surrounded by old beauty. Notre Dame blew Ryan's mind because where he was standing was over a thousand years old. He's no longer as impressed by the old building in New England. Just wait till we go to Greece and he stands on the temple of Zeus, which is quite literally older than the dirt surrounding it and Jesus.

It's really good to be home though. Our cats were in serious of need of affection and I had two birthday cards waiting in the mail. ;)

This week is my internship interview and getting caught up with the week of school I missed.

No comments: