Wednesday, August 12, 2009

We're home, but I am not in the bloggy mood.

We had a great time, lots of relaxing. Ryan seems to feel rejuvenated from the ocean, seafood, and lack of demands on his time. It was great seeing everyone, and Dad and I had a good time getting all geeky about the stuff we get geeky about.

Friday is the next doc appointment, and I am going to try to wheedle my way into a sonogram BEFORE France, instead of after, because I am dying, and I want to know what gender this baby is! Calling it "Squiggle" is getting old. After that very vivid dream I had, I want to know if I'm psychic. :D

I don't think I posted it, but I dreamed I gave birth in a car, without Ryan. The baby started growing REALLY fast, so by the time Ryan got there, she could walk and say her name. I watched her eyes turn from blue to a slightly lighter brown than Ryan's. She had dark hair with bangs and little baby curls on the end. She giggled and giggled, knew her name was Rory, and had a small birthmark on her face. It was incredibly vivid.

We told Dad and Deb about our plans to do a home water birth, and they thought it was great. Deb had natural hospital births for all three of hers, and she had some great wisdom to share (and stories). Dad said even if there is a lot of pain in natural labor, it's totally forgotten about the second the baby is in your arms. I guess he's seen it enough to know!

2 comments:

thelowreysfour said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great time. The dream you had is amazing. It would be weird if it came true. The part about what she looks like not the part about her growing up really fast...

Kate Walz said...

It would be especially weird if the growing really fast part happened!!