Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Guess it's time for an update!

My midwife has taken me off sugar, which is not as hard as it sounds (nor is it a need to worry about me. I'm fine). I've done it before, which is awesome, because I have a game plan and know to stock up on sugar free fudgsicles and eat oatmeal with dried cherries instead of brown sugar. This past month, with all the traveling and celebrating and laziness I have not been eating the way I should, so I'm trying to be grateful for a reason to switch my habits. Bye bye toffee nut lattes (of which my consumption in the last month has gone up to like 4 a week instead of 0.5), hello extra foam with cinnamon.

I think this last month--with New Hampshire, France, bachelorette party, Dallas, and a wedding--has proven again what I've always known. I require a steady schedule to do my best. When given the opportunity to stray, I will, and I forget to go back to the way things need to be.

I'm starting a new schedule that I like very much so far. It involves making my lunch in the morning, taking it with me, eating at my desk, and using my lunch hour to go walk around downtown. That's two days a week. The other two days I take my lunch with me and eat between classes (it's important for me to bring snacks on these days, as there is a vending machine full of fruit snacks, which I love). And Fridays I'm hoping to schedule lunches with friends in between internship and volunteering. I have two friends who are often free on Fridays.

Tonight we took out the carpet in the nursery and put down the bamboo flooring so it can acclimate to the humidity for the next couple days. Sunday it gets nailed down. It looks gorgeous, I'm so happy with the say it turned out, and I can't wait to get the trim on it and start moving in the furniture (which will now need pads on all of the legs so it doesn't scratch). I hate carpet, and this is making me want to redo the whole house. But, we also don't know how long we'll be here, so pouring money into the house isn't so appealing.

I think this morning was the first case of noticeable baby hiccups. I'd been wondering what they felt like, and sure enough, they felt like my belly, not my lungs, had the hiccups. I'm assuming that's what it was. She likes to stop moving the second Ryan puts his hand on my stomach, I hope that stops. As of now he's only felt her move 2 or 3 times.

That's about it! The next month is super chill, and I'm so excited about that. We're finishing the nursery and my shower is the 18th! That's all until November!

No comments: