Weekend started with a bachelorette party (which went well). I've started refinishing my old rocking horse. The sanding is almost done, the big planes are finished, I just need to do the curves and crannies. It's going from a very dinged up horse with a wood finish and red painted decorations (my name, the bridle, etc) to a pearlized white horse with black runners and green bridle. No name.
I also found baby announcements that are green with penguins! Happiness followed, but near ecstasy was right behind it when I found out the company will address and mail them for me, all I pay is postage. Rock and roll. I will happily pass on making announcements, as much as I love making them, immediately following the birth.
We also ordered the bamboo floors for the nursery. I want it done before the shower. I'm really glad the shower will be at my house, because it's giving us a deadline for the nursery. And I won't have to haul anything home. ;)
My friend JJ got shower invites ordered, and they are super cute. She was sweet enough to let me veto her first choice. My family would have hated them, and the comments forever would have been "Great shower, but what was with those invites?" And I mean forever. Like 20 years.
The busy just keeps coming. Trying to schedule our first midwife appointment is turning out to be difficult.
Tuesday is class all day
Wednesday is the dentist and an internship interview (I'm sure I got the first one, waiting on background check, but I got a call for another, so I figured "why not?").
Thursday is class and then heading to OKC, followed by heading to Dallas Saturday. Hopefully my brother is going to take some pics of me Monday, even though my belly isn't quite as... um... glorious as it will be.
Tuesday is class all day.
Wednesday of next week is actually FREE.
Thursday is class and the rehearsal dinner.
Friday is our next baby appointment.
Saturday is C&D's wedding.
Sunday is when things start to slow down for a month. Nothing between the wedding and the baby shower. That's 4 weeks of chill.
And at some point I need to buy shoes for my bridesmaid dress and get it hemmed. Hoping to find shoes Wednesday and get it dropped off to be hemmed, with a week buffer. That would be excellent.
No comments:
Post a Comment