We went out for air Saturday--took Gracie to the dog park and enjoyed the gorgeous day. Then we volunteered for the Shepherd's Center, which involved sitting outside on a bench for an hour and listening to some truly hilarious conversations. Example:
Old Lady 1: I think there is some truth to astrology signs and stuff.
(Really) Old Lady 2: Like April. That's Leo, and they're really stubborn.
Old Lady 3: Well, I'm a Capricorn. And Capricorns are very analytical and successful.
Old Lady 1: What! I'm not a Capricorn, and I can succeed (Ryan is trying not to laugh out loud at this point).
Old Lady 3: But I can do math! Can you do math?
Old Lady 1: Well, no.
Old Lady 3: See, analytical!
Then the conversation turned to all the crazy things going on in the world and how drugs and violence have ruined the world, which I missed because I had to pee (damn pregnant bladder!)
But I returned for this part:
Old Lady 2: The kids in my neighborhood will not stop playing on my circle drive. The other day I went out there and said "You get off my driveway!" and I went back inside and they got right back on it with their bikes!
Old Lady 1: My goodness!
Old Lady 2: So I went back out there, and I (she gets up to demonstrate) stood with my hands on my hips and I just stared at them until they left. If I let them play on my circle drive, I have to let every kid in the neighborhood on it!
What is so wrong with kids riding bikes on your circle drive? I have no idea, but she was adamant that it was not going to continue, and it was pretty amusing.
After we finished there, we went to the church that houses Shepherd's Center to help clean up from the soup lunch, with meant walking in and being fed three courses by Iris, who has been looking for the chance to feed my husband since he set up her work computer with home access.
I didn't leave the house Sunday except to grocery shop, and then I made blueberry and cream muffins from a cookbook my mom gave me for Christmas (amazing!), carrot cake (super moist, love it), and butternut squash soup (which I've never had before, but we both love it). I'm almost ready for this week to start. November is going to be crazy, so I'm looking forward to getting a lot done this week in anticipation of having no time for the next couple weeks.
Baby is doing great. She's very active, and I think I'm going to miss it when she's outside in the world instead of belly dancing. But, talk to me in a month, I'll probably be very ready for that. My range of motion is starting to be considerably hindered by my bulky belly. Getting on and off our giant bed (the top of which is well above my [dwindling] belly button) is more and more difficult, as is sitting up and squatting and reaching (like when trying to pull a pan out from the back of the bottom cupboard). I am remembering to squat rather than bend, so that's helped with comfort some.
I'm hoping to see pictures from my baby shower soon. I think JJ and Christie took some. I hope they have good ones, because it's all I have for my scrap book! When I have them, I will post!
No comments:
Post a Comment