1. Midwife appointment. Given when I dropped and all the fun crampiness I'm having, she expects we'll be parents in a week. Which is some kind of crazy. She left us our birth supplies--tub, which is inflated and set up in guest room, and a box of assorted goodies and instructions. Our guest room is totally tricked out as birth room--Ryan's old sheets, birthing ball (aka fitness ball), inflated tub, dresser full of old towels, vinyl fuzzy-backed tablecloths laid out protect carpet, jasmine candles everywhere.
We've been giving some thought to documenting. I really want a record of the first things we say to her, whether the midwife or her assistant writes it down for us or whatever. Ryan came up with the idea of recording sound--her first cries, etc. Which is cool, but someone has to have the forethought to hit the button as she's crowning. It will not be me. We'll see what happens. There will be no video, and no photos of the actual event (but maybe before and after).
2. Boobs have started leaking. I'm so outlandishly excited about that. Can't explain it, just relieved they work, I guess. Colostrum is showing up in teeny, tiny drips. Sa-weet.
3. I've been setting up times with friends to get coffee or dinner this week, since there's a fair chance that we won't be having lots of time together in the near future. So I'm excited to see everyone this week.
4. My friend Jenny Jo started a blog about her adventure into veganism. Veganhood? My spell check doesn't like either word... You can check it out HERE.
No comments:
Post a Comment