Rory is showing more and more personality. When I sent "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and make the spider crawl up her chest and back down, she breaks into huge smiles of happy anticipation. She knows what's coming. We also sing "My Rory Lies Over the Ocean," with accompanying foot moves for her tap dance career.
Six week post partum is on Friday, and this week Rory and I go see our favorite chiropractor, have a visit with the midwife, and then I have my postpartum check up with our family doctor. I also have to make an appointment to get Rory's state required genetic test (and state paid for--although I wonder if it's the same in MO, since my doc is in KS...). I've been putting it off because it involves a heel stick and pain for my baby. And because I'd like to see them make me.
Friday we have our first play date with a mom's group I joined online. It's a group of local moms who schedule play dates, girls' nights out, and go to local activities together with/out their kids. Friday is the play date for kids under one. As I told Ryan, I can't imagine what they're going to do besides stare at each other and fart (that's all my kid does, anyway), but I'll get to meet some other moms. Friday we're also heading to Columbia so Rory can meet her great-grandparents.
Next week I start a fitness class that moms can bring their kiddos to. While Rory hangs out in her stroller (first time using it!), I will be sweating. The class is really reasonably priced, and three times a week! Between the exercise class and the meet up group, we should be meeting lots of moms and doing lots of fun stuff.
Anyway. Time for a feeding, then back to bed. Below is a link to our Feb. 2010 photos--mostly of Rory.
![]() |
| February 2010 |

No comments:
Post a Comment