Rory seems to be glad to be home. She slept better last night, back in our big bed, then she did the whole time we were on vacation. She had a lot more room in our king then she did in N.E. She slept almost 12 hours, and only woke up once to feed (although she ate both sides, and usually she only eats one side for a little while during sleepy feedings).
We came home to the aftermath of a huge storm! A tree in our backyard lost some huge limbs (pics coming), and one house in our neighborhood had an entire huge tree go down! They were lucky not to lose their house. We also lost shingles, so it's time to call the insurance lady again.
While I was in RI I was inspired by the weight loss of a family friend. She and I are the same height, and she looks AMAZING. I've been doing pretty well with my weight loss (6 lbs in the last month!), but I'd like to start doing some body shaping and toning, too. Ryan and I always have the problem of enabling each other. As in, "Man, we are doing soo well, and pizza sounds sooo good. We deserve it."
We have officially found a solution. We are having a competition to see who can lose 5% of their body weight first. I know he has the edge as a man, but I have a little help with breastfeeding. And I have more time during the day to get extra walks in. So now our conversations will sound like this: "Man, pizza sounds so good!" "Do it Fatty Pants! That way I can kick your ass!" "Dang it! NOOOO!" And...scene.
The winner of this first test gets to pick out a new Wii game. Because we have a Wii, and it has no games. When the first person hits 5%, the competition will be reset for another 5%, rather than waiting for anyone to play catch up.
In Rory news, that kid is teething something awful. She has all the symptoms--drooling, rubbing her jaw and ears, low fever (I noticed she's warmer), chewing and biting, tonguing her gums, fussiness during eating. Oh, and I can feel the molars that are working their way out.
Fortunately, Ryan's uncle sent us a great bouncy seat with lights and sounds and things that move, and it distracts her from it. I also picked up a little freezer teething ring that we'll try later.
I'm off to the gym, then going to pick up the dog!
No comments:
Post a Comment