Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Updates and Mommy Goggles

We had a great weekend and anniversary and I had a fabulous Mother's Day!

We arrived at my in-laws on Friday, and Lee had Mother's Day flowers waiting for me. They were gorgeous with orange roses and a fuchsia calla lily. Saturday night Ryan and I went to Hemingway's Bistro and split a very spicy lobster dip,  seafood paiia (spelling?), and an orange rosemary creme  brulee.  Over dinner, Ryan convinced me he didn't get me a card, never mind a gift for our anniversary. I told him his stock with my grandma was going to go way down. Then he pulled out a card. Then he pulled out a jewelry box. 

After dinner we went to see Date Night, which was cute.  Rory was an angel for her grandparents. She got a bath, fussed for a few minutes, then passed out and didn't wake up till we got home.

Sunday we had a very tasty lunch with Ryan's parents and grandparents, and then we went to the mall so I could exchange my Mom's day jewelry for something a little more my style (Ryan was experimenting since he knew the anniversary gift was a sure thing).  I picked out some earrings and we grabbed coffee and headed home! It really was a fabulous weekend.  Lots of laughter and relaxing. I took a super long soak in their amazing tub, complete with bath fizzies. 

Rory is more fun every day. She squeals and shrieks and grabs things. She's incredibly smiley and I can't wait to hear her first giggle. She's still a very easy baby. Very snuggly. 

I've always thought that parents have to know, on some level, when they have a goofy looking or ugly baby. I thought they must know they're in denial on some level. And then, I went through Rory's old pictures. Ryan and I were both amazed. There were some very cute pictures of her, like this one, from the day she was born:










She was pretty precious and perfect the day after she was born:














And, she did have crazy head molding from birth. But then, as we were looking through her pictures, we came across this, from when she was 6 days old:














Holy blackmail photo, Batman. Who is this baby? I think it's safe to say Ryan agrees, but I felt like I'd never seen this picture before. I don't ever remember her looking like this. I sent this picture out to a few people as her "Godfather picture" because of her stance. But, it was also appropriate because of her face. Good grief. 

So, now I'm convinced. We all really do think our baby is the most gorgeous thing to ever live. And, now, she's totally grown out of her gremlin baby phase to be the cutest baby around. Right? I love the Mommy goggles.  

No comments: