Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Monday

We had a great time with the in-laws!

Saturday, Lee, Ryan and I played 18 holes of golf, and I got a wicked sunburn in my cute golf outfit. Sunday, we had brunch with Ryan's grandparents and relaxed and played Arkham Horror (a boardgame currently eating up all our free time. I much prefer boardgames to videogames, so it works for me!). Today I slept in till almost noon, then we met Diana for lunch and we've been playing Arkham with Lee all afternoon!

Aurora is perfectly well-behaved and getting lots of cereal and bananas from Grandma. She's playing with spoons and Daddy's old toys Grandma saved. Right now she's fussing a little. She feels it her duty to resist naps as much as possible.

We're probably heading home tomorrow. Then it's one week till the beach house!!

Side note:
Before I had Rory I knew she was a girl. But I was often asked if I planned to circumcise if she was a boy. I did not, but didn't worry about it much. Since then, in things I've read and stumbled on, I've found research and information that makes me that much more against circumcision. Should we have a son in the future, he will be left intact.

The article posted below serves only to strengthen my opinion. It deals with the Jewish and Biblical history of circumcision (including the very BIG difference between circumcision then and the full foreskin removal done now). It also explains how we became a society that does full foreskin removal.

Not to seem judgemental, because I have no qualms with people who circumcise because of lack of information (except for my usual frustration with people who don't educate themselves before making big decisions), but I cannot understand how it is we are conducting genital mutilation on our boys in this country.

http://www.drmomma.org/2010/07/biblical-circumcision-information.html

No comments: