Let me explain to you why I am tired.
Two weeks ago, on September 3, Ryan left for Virginia for the final phase of his giant work project. Saturday Rory and I went to Columbia to spend time with my in-laws. We came home Tuesday night, and Wednesday was spent doing wedding prep, and dropping my dog off.
Thursday morning, Rory and I drove to Springfield, MO, picked up a friend, got hit by car, and continued to Stillwater, OK. We saw some family friends, went to the rehearsal dinner. Friday we had lunch with my brother and went to the wedding. Saturday morning we headed back to Springfield, were rejected by toll booths for lack of cash (who doesn't take plastic?) and drove the long way. We got home to Ryan late Saturday night.
Sunday morning at 7 am or so, my mom called to say my grandmother had a massive stroke and they did not have much hope that she would survive it. So, we headed east a few hours later with baby and dog. We got to my dad's Monday night. Tuesday morning we left the dog with him and went to visit my grandmother in the hospital. We spent Tuesday night in RI, visited Grandma on Wednesday, had dinner with my aunt, uncle, and cousin (so fun!), and then drove back to Dad's. We spent Wednesday and Thursday night there, and now we are back in the car with about 17 hours of driving until we get home. But this time we are getting a hotel.
Does that sound like maybe a bit too much to anybody else? I am so done. My poor husband is dealing with my crabbiness. I want to be home and in my schedule and house. No more stress for me, thanks. I've had enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment