Wednesday, September 1, 2010

We are well.

Last night we went to Los Tulles (or Maria's, as our friend who is a regular calls it). Such amazing food. Rory sat in her high chair and flirted with everyone who made eye contact, ate cereal puffs, sweet  potatoes, and refried beans, stole the lime out of her daddy's margarita, made hilarious faces eating it (video coming), and tried to get into everything she could.

It was one of those crystal moments of happiness, where everything is good. No, our lives are not perfect. Ryan works too much, I can't find a job, we can't seem to get it together to put the house on the market. But it was so nice to be out together and enjoying each other's company and really feeling fortunate to have a great family, a nice house to try to sell, an employed husband, and staying home with Rory.

Did you vomit yet?

Rory is trying to crawl, but doesn't really like to be on her stomach, which leaves her feeling conflicted. Her favorite set up right now is standing in her Jenny Jump Up in front of my old black trunk. It's created a corner of freedom. She can walk the length of the trunk without falling, play with toys on it and rearrange refrigerator magnets. It gives her more to do and more independence. She loves it! And she can sit in the jumper if she gets tired of standing.

My 10 year high school reunion is this weekend. Crazy. Now that it's here, I wish I was going more than I expected. Don't want to drive down alone with baby (Ryan has a work trip). Don't want to spend money on a hotel. Don't want to find someone to watch dog. So, here we stay.

Also, Rory has this new thing where she snuggles her head into her neck. I know, babies do that. But now MY baby is doing it to ME, so it's different. I told Ryan that while he knows how to make my heart flutter, that little move sends it straight into my stomach. He agreed, it's currently his favorite thing and it's a whole new level of sweet.

No comments: