Our girls is getting miserable with the fussiness and the runny nose.
In other news, we let Gracie out of the house without her collar on. I was upstairs in bed with the window open and heard her growl and chase something down, and then an epic struggle. I ran downstairs, and Ryan met me on the staircase. I said, "Did she kill the neighbor's cat?" and he said, "Umm...Gracie's at the door with a dying possum." Ryan took care of the situation, and the possum has been laid to rest in the wooded area behind our house.
Gracie, however, is not unaffected. She thinks she's Rin Tin Tin and patrols the backyard with new purpose. She menacingly watches Maggie drink water, and I can see her thinking "I can take you, fatso. I can take you."
We have decided to put off moving indefinitely. Selling our house would be a terrible move financially. Making that decision lifted a ton of stress. I have all sorts of things I want to do to the house now that we're staying--furniture wise. I've been living here like I'm leaving soon, and now that we'll probably be here till Rory starts school, I want to get back to making it mine.
I'm gearing up for the holidays. I have Halloween activities picked out for us that are free and Rory will have fun playing with other people. She is a social little monkey. I think we're going to stay here for Thanksgiving (at least I'd like to), but that's not set in stone yet. I think I'm still recovering from all my crazy traveling in the past year. At this point, I don't want to go anywhere unless it's tropical or Europe. And even then, I'm not so sure. I'd like Rory's first round of holidays to be at home, anyway.
This year we are definitely doing a Christmas party (and it will be twice as awesome, to make up for last year's cancellation. December 11, fyi.
No comments:
Post a Comment