Thursday, December 30, 2010

The unleashing, as promised. Sort of.

I am very excited about 2011. I am taking a risk, not a huge one, and starting a business. I feel like it would be safer to just find a job, but staying home with Rory is a priority for me right now, and this is the what I have come up with. It's really scary for me, because I have a difficult time with the idea of failing, and there is that risk.

I'm furious with my school right now, and will be spending the next couple of weeks sorting out mistakes and bad advice in an attempt to be finished by May. I will also be writing a letter explaining what has happened and why I am frustrated. Hopefully I actually send it.

Rory is the sweetest little girl. She's saying "uh-oh" or at least doing the voice inflections. She got a toy that she can push to help walk for Christmas, and she loves it. She babbles constantly and it's pretty easy to guess what she wants at any given moment. She's very affectionate and snuggly, and becoming more and more independent. Ryan and I are both so excited for her new milestones, but also miss her tiny baby hood. This morning she jumped on me and climbed and crawled all over the bed. It seemed like she'd become a toddler literally over night.

We are celebrating the New Year at home with friends. Ryan's brother and sister-in-law are coming to celebrate Randall's birthday, and some friends will join us for pizza and games all night. Nothing wild, nice to be home with the baby, although I am craving something glamorous. Maybe Ryan and I can go out and get all dressed up soon.

I have some things to do in order to be ready to launch the business. I have the service for the website picked out, but I need to build it. I'm getting a photo taken in a couple weeks for the website. I need to file my paperwork with the state, start a business bank account, get a financial software set up, and a million other things. But I have a list. I'm doing a bit at a time. I'm trying to make my own decisions on this, which is a little new for me. I'm asking advice of people who aren't intrinsically involved in my life. I think part of this is so that any success or failure is solely my own. It's exciting. And terrifying. I hope to announce an official launch soon!

No comments: