Thursday, January 13, 2011

I am so angry right now. And just, I can't even figure out my vocabulary.

A family I don't really know, I've met them once, just lost their daughter in a court battle. Their adoption was labeled failed. In four days their little girl has to go live with a man she has only met a few times. And then visitation will start petering out. Four days.

I can't stop crying over this, maybe because my brother is adopted, maybe because my little girl is so in love with her daddy, so affectionate and snuggly with me, so comfortable and happy in her home. I can't imagine spending two more years with her and then handing her off.

And I feel so awful for that little girl who is so innocent in all of this, but has to go through these awful, confusing changes. Has to leave her mommy, her daddy, her sister, her bedroom, everything she's ever known. And she's only three. I can't imagine. I'm just aching for this family. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as they go through this. hellish ordeal.

No comments: