I've had a nutty weekend. My house is looking marvelous (my family arrives this week), but I'm tired out!
I got my dining room furniture polished and the window sills scrubbed. The guest room has new sheets and towels, as well as a sparkly clean bathroom and a FIRMLY SHUT door (my cat likes to climb the blanket, under the comforter and ruin and shed on everything). I reorganized the linen closet, broke and fixed my washing machine, and scrubbed the cabinet that houses our trash can.
Tomorrow I work all day and then I have tickets to a sneak preview of the last Harry Potter movie. It's been nutty trying to find someone to go with me. Ryan has work stuff, so I asked my friend Carrie who is a huge Potter fan. She had planned to go with her husband, and being a good wife, held out for date night. A girl at work, Kaleigh, heard me talking about my tickets and insisted she be the back up. But she couldn't go. So Ryan suggested I ask our friend Steve. He's a single dad who rarely gets to go to the movies. He said yes! And then he changed his mind. He's reading the books to his kids and didn't want to ruin anything. Fortunately, I knew of a few more people who wanted to go, so I posted to FB thinking 'first come, first serve'. Nobody said anything, so I texted Kristin and she's going with me!
When I get home tomorrow night I'm going to clean off surfaces and dust everything. I also need to clean up the living room of toys and things, Tuesday I'm having the carpets cleaned (for the first time since we bought the house. We have a steamer, but I think it leaves a LOT of soap behind, which gets it dirtier faster).
I think we'll spend Tuesday cleaning, playing outside in the sprinkler pool, and I'll be doing my papers. Wednesday I work, but we'll do something fun that night. Thursday I'm off, last minute cleaning things around the house, plan food for the week. Friday morning we pick my mom up at the airport (and Ryan flies in that night. I think Sam and Lily get in that night, too). And then the week begins. I've already started a list of activities so nobody feels like there is nothing to do.
Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment