Monday, January 2, 2012

Someone on Facebook was bragging that their husband asked permission from her father to marry her. Not my thing, more power to her, but not my thing. I'm not my father's property, and I never had that kind of relationship with either of my parents.

Anyways, it's got me thinking, so I asked Ryan, "Would you want Rory's future husband to ask your permission to marry her?"

He made a face. "No. That would be weird."

"Why?"

"Because I'd have to tell him 'no'."

:D He cracks me up.

3 comments:

grace said...

Oh Ryan is so cute. Bryan "asked" for me, but my parents said, "that would be fine with us but it's up to her"....but that's why I didn't want my Dad to walk me down the aisle. I wanted it to be my decision :)

Kate Walz said...

I love that part of your wedding! I thought it was so unique and such a great symbol.

Megan said...

You won the Shabby Apple giveaway... email me at Chasingdavies(at)gmail(dot)com