Rory crashed hard with a flu bug last night. She was kind of low and whiney all day, complaining about not having oxygen (she doesn't know what that means, she heard it in a documentary), her fingers hurt, her legs hurt, and on and on.
So, while Ryan was off doing bitcoin things all weekend, we spent Sunday relaxing in front of far too much TV. And then the world ended.
She spilled water on herself, but didn't want to get up so sat in it and cried. I got her up and moving, and she came wandered over to me like a zombie and LET ME CUDDLE HER on my lap (which doesn't happen for longer than 15 seconds anymore). And the girl was a radiator. The new thermometer was put to good use and the kid had a 103 fever.
I got her meds and into our bed with Super Why (more TV! Pregnant mom fail) and she stayed there until about 9:30. We got her up to put on jammies and redose her with meds, and she was so out of it. I rocked her for a little while, and thought she was asleep. I asked Ryan, "Should we just put her in bed with us?" And she woke up and started crying, "Please don't put me on a bus!" I asked if she wanted to sleep with Mommy and Daddy, and she did.
I did not sleep particularly well, as she suctioned her hot little self to me. I remember her fever breaking, because I was in a pool of sweat and thought maybe my water broke. No such luck.
And today?
She's fine. Very pleasant, great helpful mood. No fever. Should be back at school tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment