They say every kid has different parents, and I totally get it. Ryan's expectations this time are so different, he's a lot less stressed and more confident as a parent. My breastfeeding tactics are more relaxed and I'm more aware of my options and boundaries (yes, I will pump to get things started and to get extra sleep. No, a nipple shield will not enter my house). So, things feel much less stressful.
He's still figuring out how to latch, but he gets it every time, just needs some patience. He is a power sucker, and already friendly with his thumb. Very different from Rory, who I think was very uncomfortable sucking because of all of head molding.
I texted a picture of Andrew to Diana for Rory. She called immediately, "Hi Mom. How is Andrew doing?" I updated her on his eating and sleeping. That kid blows me away with how naturally caring and sweet she is. No jealousy. Ryan and I discussed implementing a little trick so she doesn't feel secondary to the baby. As often as she is going to be told, "Just a minute I have to do this for Andrew," Andrew will be told "Just a minute, Rory needs..." He won't care, but I think it will make a difference for her.
Today she is going to get a new teddy bear to keep at Grandma's because she forgot to bring a stuffy, and then Grandpa is taking her to the park. Meanwhile Ryan is off to the DMV. Me? I haven't really gotten out of bed yet, except to change diapers. Andrew and I slept from 1 am to 4, then he ate, then slept until 9:30, then he ate, then slept till 11. Ryan brought me breakfast and coffee in bed, Andrew had two giant poops (STILL meconium), was very alert and sweet for an hour, and now he's out.
Chrissy is getting ready to send me the birth photos, I'm excited to see them. And here are some more from yesterday and today.






No comments:
Post a Comment