A real update!
I survived three days with the wee ones by myself. Nay, I rocked three days. I was awesome.
Friday after school Rory and I watched the first Harry Potter movie. I recently reread the book, and figured she could handle the first movie, and would enjoy all the magic.
I was impressed by how well she followed the story, and she absolutely loved it. During the scene with the Mirror of Erised, when Harry sees his parents she got very teary and wouldn't look at me and asked, "He doesn't have a family??" And then she was worried that none of the kids had families, and that Hogwarts is an orphanage. I told her it's a boarding school, and the kids go home at summer. She said, "I don't ever, ever, ever want to go to board school. Not ever. I have to tell Daddy since he takes me to school every morning not to take me to that one." She's been confirming daily that she does not want to go to "board" school.
After the big confrontation with Voldemort, when Harry is in the hospital, she looked at me and said, "I don't think he's very safe there. It's not a very good school." She'd like to watch the second one, but I think we'll hold off. I am going read her the first one.
Saturday the kids slept in till 10, and then Rory and I made bacon and chocolate chip pancakes. Bekah and Athena came over to play, and I cleaned out Ryan's closet while Bekah chatted with me and snuggled Andrew.
After they left, the neighbor girl Paige came over for fancy mac and cheese dinner followed by toe nail painting and a 3D showing of Frozen. The girls ran around the first floor singing "Let it Go!" taking turns being Elsa and Anna until Paige's mom came to get her.
And Sunday Rory woke up at 8, but I sort of ignored her until 10. She'd missed six of her chore magnets, so she scrubbed base boards and washed marks off walls and cleaned the coffee table and her dresser to earn them back. She did such a great job (no complaining, cleaning things outside of the instructed area that she noticed), I was very impressed. So her special treat was a Frozen eBook for her Leap Pad. Next week she'd like a doctor's outfit for her Barbie, I'm doing some recon to see if Amazon has something cheap.
And then Ryan got home, and the house was super clean, the baby was a little fussy, Rory was in the tub. He made me a steak and did dishes and folded diapers.
As for Andrew, he likes to kick off things, and has launched himself across couches and off my lap on a few occasions. I brought Rory's old bouncy swing up, just to see how he'd handle it. He is very happy in there for about 10 minutes at a time, then the world gets to big again.
He's started cooing a lot and he's very, very smiley. He likes to sleep with people, and does his best sleeping at night, with lights off. His naps during the day are becoming shorter and shorter. I'm not thrilled about it.
 |
| The dangerous queen and her book from Grandma Paige |
 |
| Rory and her book from Grandma Paige |
 |
| He's getting chubby! |
 |
| And he's very smiley and silly. |
 |
| So much chubby. |
 |
| So handsome. |
 |
| Seriously. He kicks off everything, and he LOVES the swing. He's only 6 weeks old. |
 |
| The tiny Queens (one very dangerous) and their fancy mac and cheese dinner. |
 |
| American Gothic, as posed by tiny people. |
 |
| Paige and Rory |
 |
| Hanging out together. |
 |
| Looking like his mommy |
 |
| Snuggles |
 |
| Poe figured out Rory feeds her, and now Rory is being stalked. |
 |
Watching Harry Potter
|
No comments:
Post a Comment