Monday, October 6, 2014

Housewifely and what not

At some point since returning from New England, a switch inside of me flipped.

I have become a freaking amazing housewife.

Like, for real.

My house is quickly becoming pristine and smells like lemon pledge without a cobweb in sight. I make chocolate cake and Boston cream pie and sweet potato enchiladas and whitefish chowder.

I think I solved the mystery. There are three reasons.

1. Rory went back to school. So I can focus.
2. Ryan has to work at work. So I can focus.
3. Ryan (finally) told me he prefers me being at home, instead of being Swiss about the whole thing. So I can fully enjoy my job without feeling guilty I don't get a paycheck.

We are hosting Thanksgiving this year, which gives me a deadline on the dining room remodel. This weekend, a friend is coming over to help me get the rest of the wallpaper down, and he will be paid in beer and enchiladas. I'd like to do the floor by then, too, but my husband might leave me.

In other wonderful Kate news, Netflix is FINALLY streaming Gilmore Girls. Which is fun because I haven't seen it in years, and I'm discovering Ryan also finds it hilarious, as he randomly chuckles when it's on in the background of whatever he's doing.

I still love it. I think the jokes hold up, I love that it's wholesome sans preachiness, and I relate to all three female leads. Emily's love of decorum, Lorelei's foot regularly shoved in her mouth, and Rory's bookworm nerd behavior. I think it will be fun to watch with my Rory someday.

Friday car dance party
 
The purple fairy was trying to maintain her grumpiness, but mommy was making her laugh.
The tiny boy looks like his Uncle Sam in this one.



We're cranky!


Yummy Gracie ear!

All he wants to do is stand.



She is so freaking tall. And all legs.

Add caption



 
 

No comments: