Saturday, November 28, 2015

My very first quilt did not turn out well. I made the top and the back and took it to a professional with a long-arm quilt to be quilted (I was super intimidated at the thought of doing it myself).

I started on more quilts. One for my grandma that I quilted myself, and a Christmas one I am currently quilting. I've also made a Parisian themed top for my daughter. Then I got a call from the quilter asking me to come get it.

It hadn't been quilted. Hanging on the rack, I could see why. I had done a truly terrible job. Parts of my sewing were so uneven it didn't even hold. There's no way it would have withstood being stretched tightly over the long arm base.

So, I'm going through the long process of ripping every seam and restitching the top. I like being able to see how far I've come just in these four quilts. It's significant.


No comments: