My anxiety level is crazy right now. We're hoping to finalize on a piece of land this week, and I can't stop worrying about it.
So, I'm going to write about other things.
Aurora is home sick for the second time, rocking an on and off 103 fever and a wicked tummy ache. Yesterday she spent the day watching Star Trek, and I could hear her murmur "Oh, poor Jim," so apparently they're on a first name basis. Currently, she's on the couch telling me the plot of all the episodes she watched yesterday.
Andrew went to school yesterday, and he was very excited when Roo came with me to pick him up. Right now he's bouncing in his swing and trying to convince Rory to fling him around.
He's got lots and lots of words and sentences. This morning when Ryan left, Andrew waved "Bye, Daddy!" unprompted. He talks nonstop and tells a lot of stories. His cars live rich lives full of turmoil. He always has two in his hands.
Ryan had a good birthday. I got him a huge sandwich from Broadway Butcher. He tried it the previous week at a Superbowl Party, and loved it, so I figured I'd grab one as a treat. However, it's not actually on their menu, it's kind of an employee hack. But they were happy to make it, and were super reasonable about the price.
Diana came out and she and Rory and I went to high tea at the Oak Room. Then she watched the kids, and Ryan and I tried for a super cheap date (that whole buying land thing). We split a stromboli at Johnny Jo's (which is a take out joint that happens to have a table). Then we went to Barnes & Noble and read house design magazines and compared taste. After that, we went to the Alamo and played rummy before seeing Deadpool. Super fun and relaxing. The next morning, Diana took us all out to breakfast before she headed out of town.
And, today, I'm home with two kids. Yesterday I was barely functional. Rory watched TV and I slept, it was the only way I could deal with the anxiety - total shut down. I don't have work or other things to distract myself with. I was also super frustrated with my cat throwing up all over my house (changed her food) and felt stuck in an endless loop of cleaning up after people. When Ryan got home I went to yoga, which definitely helped. He cleaned up the house, and was ready for junky tv when I got home, which also helped.
 |
| Making clarified butter for "holiday" sauce. |
 |
| If sister is home, we cannot drink out of sippy cups or sit in baby chairs. |
 |
| Helping sis make her valentine's for school (there were a lot, it was a family effort) |
 |
| He's a very good daddy to his baby. |
 |
| Shenanigans with the man cake at the super bowl party. |
 |
| Trip back to Stillwater last weekend, got to see my Aimee |
 |
| This week he noticed the frames on the wall had art in them, and aren't just there to make crooked. |
 |
| Daddy and his munchkins |
 |
| Baby downward facing dog. |
No comments:
Post a Comment