Thursday, October 6, 2016

An overdue house update

Turns out I kind of love teaching at a collegiate level. I absolutely hate home schooling and dread every single morning I have to do it. But I love, love, love the university. The current plan is to work towards my Ph.D after all the crazy house stuff is over.

We have a plan! I designed it myself, because nobody thought it could be done (deadly serious), and I knew it could be. The trick was getting a guest room on the first floor, while still having more square footage upstairs (the garage doesn't count as square footage). I knew it could be done with my mud room, butler pantry, and formal dining. So I did it, and a very nice architect took my graph paper and made it into a build able house.  The plan has been passed on to the builder, who is pricing it, and hopefully, after all that, we're still within budget (the builder reviewed as we went and said we were, so chances are good).  The garage may be side loading (my preference), the city gets to make that decision.












No comments: