I think we were sub-human all week. We cancelled our trip to Colorado because we didn't feel like driving. The week was full of naps, movies, video games, cards, and very little else. It was very needed. I didn't realize how burned out I was. I feel a bit more like myself again.
Ryan surprised Rory with a late 3D showing of Rogue One. We took the kids to Crown Center to color at Kaleidoscope, Rory and I had a ladies day of shopping on the Plaza and hit the museum. We went to the park. Ryan made a TON of stuff on his new dehydrator. Jerky, fruit leather, and he dried my leftover fresh herbs from our Chrismas goose. I think this is the first time the dehydrator's been put away since he got it.
The Christmas run down. Aurora was positively spoiled with Samantha gear, including her bed. Ryan got her a kit to booby trap her room by building different alarms. I got her a Flipazoo she desperately wanted. Andrew got things that go, and per usual, his favorite thing was pull back cards (12 for $4 on Amazon). Ryan got him something that completely escapes me now... and I got him a gear set that builds and turns.
I was treated to an AccuQuilt Go, a super cool cutting machine that does precision cuts on fabric. Cutting is the hardest thing for me, and it's the most important for matching corners and making a well-made quilt. I hope to get more dies for it as I get more ideas. I also got a digital food scale, bobbi pins and hair bands, a beautiful necklace from Aurora, and a leatherman multitool from Andrew (mine was confiscated by airport security).
Ryan got his dehydrator and 2 lbs of very good meat (pre pounded into strips by the butcher) so he could play with it immediately. He also got some jeans he needed rather badly. The kids got him a tool set he wanted, and multitool that is shaped like a credit card so it fits in his wallet.
On Christmas day we decided to cook a goose. I'd heard horror stories from a friend who tried it, so I did a TON of research, and we decided the most complicated way made the most sense. It was so flipping delicious, we may do it every year. The Buche De Noel, while lovely, was not wonderful tasting. But Rory and I had a good time making it.
Today we deep cleaned the house, which needed it badly. It feels really good to go back to real life tomorrow with everything shiny.
And in my next post, I'll tell all about my job.
 |
| We had a fancy NYE at home. |
 |
| Kaleidascope |
 |
| It's kind of inappropriate, but ohmygoodness, it makes me laugh. |
 |
| Helping Mommy beat Daddy at cards |
 |
| You can't see the ball he threw in the air. |
 |
| He's not up to anything. |
 |
| Mom might have mentioned a heavier coat... |
 |
| Precision points with my new toy and scrap fabric. |
 |
| Poultry steak! |
 |
| Prep work |
 |
| Christmas morning! |
 |
| Trying to open his stocking while letting go of nothing. |
 |
| Setting up the marble towers from Grandma Paige |
 |
| After Santa came by. it was a little excessive, but that's what happens when 2 sets of grandparents are out of state. |
 |
| Cutie writing her gift tags. |
 |
| Decorating the Yule Log. |
 |
| No more pictures! |
 |
| We took Diana to her first viewing of The Nutcracker. |
 |
| Up front for the Christmas Light drive by the lake. |
 |
| Decorating cookies with Mercury on the last day of school. |
No comments:
Post a Comment