Saturday, October 7, 2017

  • I'm supposed to be doing weekend cleaning, but the weather is perfect and there is jazz music and coffee, so not much is getting done.
  • Tonight Aurora and Ryan are going to Arrowhead Stadium for a Girl Scout event, and I've got a friend coming over to have dinner and chill.
  • Rory and I spend last weekend in NYC - two broadway shows, Statue of Liberty, 9/11 Memorial, Bergdorf Goodman's, fancy dinner, Central Park. It was lovely.
  • Next week I go to NOLA for a work trip - I'm hosting the advertisements my company sells, so I'll spend 3 days on camera and attending sales meetings (for my actual job). 
  • The new house is starting to look like a house, and I'm obsessed with perfecting my office. 


My office window is the wrapped bay. To the right is the front door, then the dining room window, then the garage (side loading, with two windows on this side). 

Left to right, this should be: space for a duct, recess for stacked oven and microwave, door to pantry, hall of butler pantry. But it looks like there are two boards where the pantry door goes, so the buidler's going to double check it Monday. Behind this, you can see the dining room window. Garage is to the left, space for front door to the right. The walls of pantry/butler pantry/dining room aren't all up yet.

Last night we strolled around Parkville (see Aurora coming up from the back?)

Making friends at Madison Square Park.

Master cab hailer. She did it once and was in the cab before I realized she'd done it.

All ready for fancy dinner at Gotham.

View from 1 World Center (or whatever it's called) - tallest building in NYC. Standing here we were 8 feet higher than the very top of the Empire State Building.



My lovely friend Lucille lived in NYC for a decade, and joined us on our trip.  
Dude is in underwear most of the time. 


They still love each other. 

She's growing up fast on me.

Park across from the new house

No comments: