Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Things I am not cutting out

Remember how (and you don't, cause most of you weren't alive) in the 60s, women smoked and drank martinis thru their pregnancies and their babies were, generally, just fine?

I'm not going that far. 

But I refuse to cut out things I enjoy because of inconclusive information. 

Things I will not cut out:
1. Sushi. You can get cooked sushi, like the amazing Playoff Roll at Mr. Sushi. The raw fish is the reason you're 'not supposed' to eat it. So if you deal with the raw... Bingo! Sushi for me.

2. Horseback Riding. I will eventually have to stop, but not till my doc says so, or I feel uncomfortable. My instructor rode till she was 7 months, and has had students ride till 6 months.  But after birth, I will be... here it comes... right back in the saddle. How often do you get to use that in context?

Things I will cut back on:
1. Caffeine. The only information on caffeine is that if you drink a pot a day of coffee every day you MIGHT have a low birth weight baby. But, I don't want a caffeine addict on my hands when I'm figuring out how to create a sleep schedule. So I am cutting back to 1 or 2 lattes a week. And that is down from 3-5. And no soda, but mostly because I'm trying to drink more water.

2. Adding Weight. I'm stopping my weight program where it is. Cardio is going to be less intense, so I don't get too hot, but longer, and weights are halted at the weight limits I've already reached. No adding more for a while.

Things I will avoid:
1. Fish that may contain mercury.
2. Smokers. And I am going to RELISH asking them to put out their cancer stick. Muah ha ha ha!
3. People who touch my belly.

So, this is what I'm doing unless my doctor says "No No No NO." I'm happy to listen to opinions and hearsay, and may even take some under advisement.

No comments: