Monday, May 18, 2009

Mom Ruins Everything.

My mom is coming up to visit for Memorial Day. SHE suggested it. SHE called me and said, "Hey! I have a few days off and no where to go! I was thinking of Kansas City."

HER.

NOT ME.

So today I get a call. 

"I had to give up XXXXXX (per her request, some details have been omitted) because I'm coming up next weekend."

"I'm sorry," I said. "You don't want to XXXXXXXXX anyways."

"That, and XXXX drives me crazy."

"I think you lost me on what the problem is..."

"Are you pregnant?"

SERIOUSLY. She asks me. Point blank. Cause, you know, it's her. 

"Um...No." I felt all guilty and panicky at the lie. Like she could tell from my voice or the information had somehow leaked, and the follow up response would be. "Liar. So-and-so told so-and-so you are." And then I'd be sunk.

Instead she said, "Oh. I thought maybe that's why you wanted me to come up so bad."

Wait. WHAT?!?! 

It was HER IDEA. 

I love having company, and I figured we'd get the information passing knocked out without having to travel, which is a pain in the ass when you're peeing all the time. Part of this time being better than last time is telling immediate family in person.

And now, I feel guilty about telling her this weekend! Because now she'll think we don't just want her visiting, that it served another purpose. 

Grrr...

In better news, we're going to go look at a changing table to match our crib! Yay for Craigslist! 

No comments: