I think I got maybe an hour or two of sleep. And I am actually nauseous from lack of sleep.
Ugh. Grrr. Zzzzzz.
We started interviewing midwives. It turns out there is only one CNM (Certified Nurse Midwife) in the Kansas City area, which makes me think someone has a nice business opportunity. I spoke to her on the phone, and I appreciated the medical aspects she brings to the table (like being able to prescribe drugs). But I spoke to a CPM (Certified Professional Midwife), and I felt like she and I vibed a bit better.
Although, when I told her my 'ultimate plan' of continuing my prenatal care with my doctor (since insurance will cover it) and paying a midwife out of pocket (since insurance won't) for a home birth after the doc says we're definitely low-risk, she was less than positive. She's never encountered a doctor who would continue working with a patient after the patient chose a midwife and a home birth. I'm really hoping Dr. Fisher is more open-minded. I guess we'll gauge the situation and let her in on it when we need to. Since she's a family practitioner, it's unlikely she'd be performing a C-Section in the event we needed to transfer to the hospital anyway.
Anyway. That's about all there is to that at this moment. I'm going to go try to sleep if my pets will stop barking and trying to throw their 14 pound bodies through windows and blinds to get birds.
No comments:
Post a Comment