Thursday, October 8, 2009

The finished nursery.

Happy happy day.

I heard a song on the radio a couple days ago, and it had me puzzled. It sounded like Dave Grohl, the verses made me think Foo, and then I'd hear the chorus and go, "hmm...maybe not."

So today it came on and I texted the radio station asking what song it was, and sure enough: Foobies! We're tight, I nicknamed.

This little release snuck by me because, having heard they were an indefinite hiatus, I kind of stopped paying attention. Am I listening to it right now? You betcha.

Baby is doing well. She seems to be exponentially more active this week. When we were watching "Into the Woods" she was bouncing off the (uterine) walls. Ryan felt her kick 5 times in a row, which is a first for him). Maybe she just digs musicals.

I'm still feeling fine. Honestly, almost done with the 2nd trimester and this pregnancy has been pretty calm. A little nausea, a few hormonal episodes, but nothing major. Next up is lots of weight gain and discomfort. Though, my chiropractor is keeping me pretty comfy.

I think she knows I'm talking about her. Or she's dancing to the Foos. I think I'll play her her song next. Been a while since she's heard it.

My internship is going well. Heading in early for a staff meeting tomorrow, and I'm leading a portion of the meeting, during which time I will be asking for more responsibility. My actual duties take about 10 minutes and don't require me to actually be at the office. I keep asking my boss for things to do, and instead she sends me home. I haven't been given an actual assignment or order since I started, I just kind of do things. So, I'm hoping I can bring it up with the next person up the ladder and get some thing to occupy myself for the 20 hours a week I'm there.

No comments: