Thursday, October 15, 2009

Update time!

My grandma gave us quite a scare this week, seems she's been eating really pointy food and ended up with a hole in her esophagus. She is supposed to be released from the hospital today, and hopefully she will be recovering nicely.

Baby's doing fine. She's a little mover and shaker, likes to make my belly visibly dance. With the shower coming up, we've been getting lots of gifts from people who can't make it to the shower. We've received the crib mattress, car seat, extra crib sheets, the baby tub, and the pack n' play!

I took some black paint to the crib (which we bought used), and now it looks like new! It had some scratches that the previous owners had tried to fix with black marker. The paint makes it look great, though. The rocking horse is also done. My attempts to paint a black mane on it were not great, so now it just has a black head and tail. Kind of looks like an oreo. I need to hang some of the pictures we've been given and figure out shelves. So far there is not really anywhere to put stuff at the moment.

Sunday is the shower, I've been allowed to make food for it, mostly so I'll leave JJ and Christie the hell alone and stop butting in. :D I have a hard time letting people do things for me, it seems. Ryan is heading to western KS with his dad to help move the rest of his grandparents stuff out of their house, so I will have the weekend to myself!

Today I'm making spiced oatmeal cookies with apples, cleaning our bedroom, and prepping my presentation for tomorrow--I'm giving a social media talk to the city manager for my internship.


No comments: