But then last night she seemed to get her energy back and spent the duration of birth class jumping around, and then again while I studied last night. This morning before I was ready to wake up she was testing the uterine walls to make sure they really were going to hold. And then again during class. She has gone above and beyond in her effort to reassure me that she is okay.
My belly has gotten noticeably bigger in like a day. I can't really see the under side of it anymore, even when squashing and maneuvering it. My theory is, the kid had a growth spurt, and spent a couple days feeling restricted and unable to move around much. So she decided to physically stretch out my uterus to the size she wants by pummeling it with tiny fists and feet. It's a good theory. I like it.
Birth class last night was good. Ryan kept stealing the book, flipping to the notes section, and giving me a side-long, goofy look while he scribbled something he wouldn't let me see. Technically, I could go look at it now, but I won't. Instead I'll just tell him via chat I'm going to...
Anyway, we went over second stage labor and transition (not in that order, although, confusingly, it's in that order in the book. And there was talk of hot compresses and episiotomies and other loveliness. Our birth instructor is really into home births and little intervention. Ryan especially enjoys listening to her, because she tends to support the decisions we've made with her reasoning. She makes sense to both of us when she talks, so that's nice. Although I often wonder about what the couples doing hospital births and epidurals think of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment