Monday, November 2, 2009

Karma

When I was working in San Antonio, I saw the funniest thing at the gym ever. Really cute, really well built guy going to town doing sit ups on a fitness ball. He was slamming the thing when he came down, doing them really hard and fast. And then the ball popped, and he went straight through to the floor. And I, the soul of concern for others, laughed at him. Out loud. For several minutes. I might have actually doubled over. And possibly pointed.

He was a sport, grinned and said, "Oh, was that amusing?"

But now, I have had my own fitness ball disaster.

It started with Ryan sitting on the giant blue one that I have been using essentially as an arm chair for months. So comfortable to sit on while pregnant, I can stretch my hips and keep my lower back engaged. It's awesome. He decided to use it as a chair, and then we listened as it slowly deflated.

Then the ball sat around for a week, while I missed it terribly, until we bought a silicone glue and Ryan had a patch. And then he glued it. And then he spent an hour blowing it up (and I might have occasionally bounced it off his face while I did it, which in hindsight, might have contributed to future karma).

So, finally, the blue ball of happiness is dry and blown up and ready for pregnant girl occupation. And I happily sit on it, roll around, and prepare for comfiness. And then I hear it start to deflate. But when it deflated for Ryan, it just slowly deflated. I start to maneuver to get up, which is less than a fast process, I have a belly and balance issues, but I think I have time and then

POP! WHAM!

My ass is on the ground, having just fallen two and a half feet through what used to be a plastic ball, but is not plastic remnants, split nearly in half with no patching in it's future. And my butt hurt. So did my belly for a few minutes, I think I tensed it pretty good on my way down. After Ryan made sure I was okay, he laughed for the rest of the night. Which is kind of fair, since I did bounce the ball off his face while he was blowing it up for me.

But I got a new one yesterday! Extra thick plastic...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Haha! I remember that San Antonio story. Sounds like you two are having plenty of fun adventures. What a blessing.