Today we are decorating! The 60+ degree weather did not lend anything to the Christmas
spirit, and it was really hard to get into tree hunting gear in a sleeveless shirt with the sun in my eyes, but we managed.
We love Bishop's Pine Crest Tree Farm, we go there every year for our tree. Gracie has a lovely time running around and being adored by all, and we get a good work out trudging around through snow. Usually. This year most of the trees suffered from blight, so finding one that was full all the way around was tough. We found a little nook well away from the other trees that had made it through unscathed. And our tree is...well...fat. Really, really fat. It might be a toss up between my belly and the tree as to which is fuller. But it's a beautiful tree and makes the whole main floor smell Christmasy.
Ryan made his famous and amazing guacamole, I got my favorite sugar cookie dough (actually, the only sugar cookies I like) started and chilling in the fridge for rolling and cutting later. We've got eggnog and sparkling juice (in place of the usual champagne). I'm taking lots of breaks. And it looks like we might be making a run for more tree lights. Like I said. That tree is fat.
More picture post decorating...
1 comment:
Now THAT is a true Christmas tree!
Post a Comment