Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My chiropractor confirmed I have SPD. I'm glad to know what is going on, the pain and limited motion seemed a little absurd, even for this late in pregnancy. My pelvic ring has become 'W' shaped with the back indenting and pulling the front apart.

We had a good birth class last night, did some labor rehearsals. These involve choosing a good position and totally relaxing and abdominal breathing while Ryan says nice things to me and encourages me to relax, tells me the "contraction" (him squeezing my arm) is almost done, etc. I recognize that this is nothing like actual labor, but going through the motions first is always good for me. Gives me a mental course of action.

Today I'm working on my papers, cleaning up and getting ready to go out of town. Ryan is working from home, he's not feeling super great. I made him some hot tea, and Poe is sitting on his feet, so he's not doing too badly.


No comments: