

At my docs today I am dilated to 1 cm (which is bigger than the diagram shows), 80% effaced, and the baby's head has dropped to station -1 (which is as low as she'll get until labor is in progress (says my doc). My baby, by the way, is facing the opposite direction of the picture, her back is to the world, and her butt is jutting out.
What does all this mean? Well, combined with the nausea and restlessness I've been having, my doc thinks it's very likely this baby will be here early. But, she also said, she was dilated to 4 cm for three weeks, so you never know.
I decided this is likely happening because I spent so much time in early pregnancy saying first babies are usually late, we don't expect her till late January, first babies have a longer average gestational period (which is true), blah blah blah. This is her being contrary and proving me wrong. This is her first 'no'.
1 comment:
The effacement is a good early sign!
Post a Comment