Friday, December 11, 2009

I don't know how I got such a great life. I don't deserve it any more than any one else, that's for sure. But I'm feeling very grateful for my attentive, involved husband who is my best buddy, our pain in the ass pets (and the adorable, perfect pet), our baby who is already proving to be an overachiever by being OA (occiput anterior, or, positioned where she should be) at 35 weeks, friends who are understanding when I cancel a major shindig two days in advance (Miss Manners would not approve), and lots of other little positives in my life.

As for Flutter Bug being OA, my midwife said she thinks that there's a good chance she'll arrive a week early. Which is EXCELLENT, but I am not banking on or planning for. In fact, I'm trying to get it out of my mind RIGHT NOW, so that when it doesn't happen, I'm not that much more anxious.

This weekend the inlaws arrive for Christmas together. I made a dark chocolate orange cheesecake and I've got brioche in the fridge for pecan sticky buns Sunday morning. Life is good. Really, really good. Better than I ever thought I would get, that's for sure.

1 comment:

sbowler said...

That was nice to read.