Friday, April 16, 2010

Ta-DAH!

New layout is complete! Can you dig it? I always like my cousin Sarah's backgrounds, so I looked around on the website she uses, and I was inspired.

Rory got her first round of vaccines today. I know how controversial vaccines are, and I went back and forth and did a lot of research. I spoke to pro and anti vaccine people (both moms and medical professionals), I read books, I did online digging, and I came to the conclusion that vaccines were the way for us to go.

I think my doctor was waiting for us to not vaccinate, after doing a home birth. I like her approach to vaccines--she delays a few of them just because, which is how I wanted it anyway! She also let me know about aluminum content and the brands she uses.

We gave Rory baby Tylenol before the appointment to try to make her as comfortable as possible later.  So far we're reaction free! The injection sites (one on each perfect, chubby thigh) are fine, she hasn't had a fever, nor has she been extra fussy. She nursed during the injections, stopping to cry during the actual injection, but she went right back to nursing as soon as it was over (needed some Mommy comfort, I'm sure).  She slept for a couple hours after, woke up at Shepherd's Center (volunteer day!), ate like a champ, and then sat on my boss's lap and 'helped' her with emails--chatty and smiley. So we've been very fortunate, so far, and we're going to continue to keep a close eye on her. Which we do anyway. :)

This weekend is a busy one! Tomorrow we are dry-walling the basement (the 'we' was intentional--I am helping!), and my friend Grace Ruth will be in town from Nebraska, so we're going to have lunch. Something is happening Sunday, but I can't remember what.

Oh! And I almost lost my right hand to the ceiling fan blade while taking my shirt off, and now I have a bruise. And, I'm sure, a hairline fracture in my arm. But Ryan doesn't believe me.

I'll leave you with a fun marriage conversation:

Yesterday while I was grocery shopping, I dropped my phone, and some random guy sprinted across the produce section to pick it up for me. I do not exaggerate. He beat the woman standing right next to me who was going to get it. Yes, I was wearing the baby in the Moby, but I went ahead and chalked that one up for the old ego--clearly a testament to my post baby hotness.

So I told Ryan about my ability to send men diving for my handheld devices, and, ever so subtle me, asked "So how far across a grocery store would you run to pick up my phone if I dropped it?"

And he said, "I wouldn't. I'd just laugh at you cause you're my wife."

Thanks, reality.

No comments: