Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We have entered teething hell.

My sweet, easy going baby has become a fussy ball of pain induced irritability. And I feel so bad for her. We've got frozen chewy toys, teething biscuits (aka--very expensive dog treats), frozen wash clothes, frozen plastic spoons, homeopathic teething tablets, and Tylenol. I haven't gone down the Orajel road yet, but I'm getting closer. Just to get the poor kid out of pain. I am not a fan of drugs normally (Ryan has to beg me to take ibuprofen for headaches), but I hate the idea of her hurting if she doesn't have to.

We are having lots of extra playtime together to try to distract her--lots of tossing in the hair and swooshing around. Today I drove to Starbucks across town just so she could sleep in the car and give us both a break.

Tomorrow we have a chiropractic appointment, and I'm really looking forward to it. I have a sneaking suspicion that all the car seat and airplane time in the last three weeks might have thrown her a little out of whack. Call me crazy, but I think getting her adjusted is really going to help.

On a brighter side: she's nearly sitting up on her own. Today she stood by herself, holding herself up on the outside of her exersaucer while I sit behind her as safety net. She also likes to grab faces, I think my dad started that when he brought her hand up to grab his beard.

Anyway. Things with the realtor were kind of a bummer.  But, we'll work it out!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear you had a disappointing visit with the realtor--and that you have a teething baby! Hope both work themselves out soon enough.