and I know I'm courting disaster here, but I like to focus on the good things.
1. My grandma is recovering from surgery like a miracle of modern medicine.
2. Rory, at 7 months, has never had an ear infection. Or a fever. T-minus 3...2...1 cue tempted fate.
3. My husband routinely tells the ladies he lives with how gorgeous/adorable/cute they are, whether it's his wife/daughter/cat.
4. Rory sleeps through the night, wakes up to nurse, then goes back to sleep with me (most of the time).
5. Ok, sure, I don't have a job, and I'd like one very much. But, I don't NEED a job. And I get to see Rory's firsts and practices and be her favorite person.
6. I have a gym with a daycare. For three hours a week, Rory learns how to be with other people and maybe even play with other babies. Also, she gets to share germs.
7. My husband is so, so easy to get along with and fun to live with. He's open, relaxed, and goes with flow. He spoils me, and seems to enjoy being a dad more each day. He can and does communicate, and he lacks a lot of my communication pet peeves. He's not passive aggressive, he doesn't lash out, he doesn't take it out on people, and he doesn't raise his voice (often :) ). He's not perfect, but he sure ain't bad.
8. It's taking longer to get our house sold than we wanted (but it's kind of expected with grad school, a baby, and a husband who is working 65 hour weeks). But, we're making progress, and we have people who love us who are anxious to have us back east. And that's very motivating.
9. I am three classes and one thesis away from my Master's.
10. I might have time to read a book for pleasure this weekend. WHOA
No comments:
Post a Comment