I met the second love of my life.
She was kind of squished and itty bitty and a little surprised at her surroundings.
We welcomed her into our life with the gentlest transition we could--warm clothes, low lights, water, skin to skin snuggling.
The year that followed was challenging and incredible. And every week and milestone seemed to come and go too quickly.
Now I have this sweet natured, curious, cautious, friendly little person in my house. My day is brighter, my purpose clearer, my time spent singing on the floor, kissing away wounded pride, and watching her scamper off to the next thing.
Slow down, little boogins.
Happy First Birthday, Aurora Jane. Thank you for being my little girl.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! Today COMPLETELY snuck up on me! I am so sorry. I have been thinking about today for at least a week and fully intended to get a birthday card to Rory by today. But it was too early when I thought about it, and suddenly the day is here! What happened?? Your whole year has probably gone by as quickly for you as this week has for me. Give Rory a birthday kiss for me (and my apologies for not getting a card there). Hope you all have a great day!
Post a Comment