Wednesday, February 9, 2011

So far, my favorite thing about the veganism is the absolute lack of guilt. For breakfast: vegan blueberry muffins. For lunch:  rice and black beans with veggies. For dinner: curry coconut soup. If I decide to eat a raspberry fig bar or snack on some dairy free ice 'cream' (loaded with black cherries and carob chips), why would I feel bad about it? Although, the weight loss is a close second. And the crazy energy. I haven't had this much energy in a long time.

We put a lot of thought into protein and what kind. Too much of anything isn't good for you, so we try to mix up soy, wheat, and veggie protein (you know, like chicken, beef, or fish). Protein in each meal is a must (especially for Rory). The other two important ones are iron and B12. I'm not worried about calcium, because it's in most veggies and in the fortified 'milks' the kiddo drinks. I have noticed that people who don't give their or their kids' nutrition a second thought are all concerned about mine. Makes me laugh.

Rory is coming out of a growth spurt. Went from long naps and tons of food to eating like a bird and one nap a day. She also likes to rub her belly and laugh.





No comments: