Oh, man, this is such a crazy week.
I got the weekend to myself, though, Ryan and Rory went to Columbia again so I could have some time alone. Made for a super fun weekend. Friday I ate at a new (to me) veg place with Kristin and then we went shopping. Saturday I had coffee with my aunt and then went out to celebrate a friend of a friend's birthday (also got to swing dance with a guy I used to dance with at Louis when I was in college). And Sunday I went to a movie with my aunt and a friend of hers. I got to sleep in every morning, ate lovely vegan food, and got Ryan's Valentine's day present done.
Ryan's Valentine was a big deal, but not. Our bedroom has been a glorified closet for a long time. So, for Valentine's day I wrote him a card, kind of rededicating our bedroom to our marriage (and not my shoes), making it a space meant for us and our relationship. I bought a new lamp, some candles, painted some shelves (that I need help hanging), got his big fountain working again. He really appreciated it, even though it was kind of cheesy.
Yesterday we went to The Rieger for dinner. The (not veg) food was really good, and I didn't get sick (I stuck to seafood), but today I feel less than stellar. Not really sick, just dragging and heavy. Want the meat out of me. For Ryan's birthday we went downstairs to the Reiger's basement bar--Manifesto, a long time favorite of ours. Ryan M, the owner, had told me about a very rare new bourbon he managed to get (by threatening people), and for Ryan's birthday, I got him Manhattan made with it. He thought it was amazing, and he would never have spent the money on one for himself. And it didn't turn into more junk in my house. ;)
Tonight I am meeting a guy for a drink, he is in the KC marketing industry, and someone suggested I meet him. So, I am! Tomorrow I start therapy (I know, long time coming, right? Not sure how much of that will be blogged here, but in the name of transparency, thought I'd mention it). Thursday I have a meeting for the March of Dimes volunteer work I'm going to start, and Friday I am doing NOTHING (except homework). Saturday is a friend's birthday party.
Rory is a walking fool. She does crawl a lot, and will only walk on carpet (i.e--not the kitchen). But she LOVES it when she is walking. She looks so confident and proud of herself. Last night at dinner we were talking about her new ability, and I totally teared up thinking how grown up she is. I kind of miss super snuggly baby Rory who didn't have a choice about cuddling.
That's about it! We're back to vegan, Ryan loves it more and more as it goes on, which is super exciting for me. My laptop is in the shop, and I miss it. And I got my plane tix to visit my dad in March.
Oh, AND a good friend of mine asked me to be in the delivery room with her when she has her baby! Such a HUGE honor. Made my day. She's also using my doc and possibly midwife, so I'll know everyone. Things are so good!!
No comments:
Post a Comment