Tuesday's meeting was fun. Bounced ideas, kind of got a better feel for what I want to do. The path there is a little unknown, but we'll see. I'm trying to learn to be happy where I am.
I met with my therapist yesterday. I really like her. She has lots of experience dealing with dependency and alcoholism, and she's an RN (I don't know what that has to do with anything, but I like it). She also deals with life coaching and career transitioning, so I feel like I've found a great person to help me with all the crap I'm trying to work through. She helped put a few things with each of my parents in perspective for me, and we ended the session with guided meditation (which I was very grateful for). The meditation was about finding peace and enjoyment out of small moments: smelling flowers, a moment alone, etc. Last night when I was waiting on Ryan and my phone was upstairs I got all antsy and trying to figure out what to do with myself. I remembered the meditation and tried to slow down, enjoy being alone and comfortable in a safe space. It seems silly to need to remind myself of that, but there it is.
She also told me about a CD that may help me sleep, and a book to check out: The Courage to Feel. The title alone almost made me cry (ridiculous) because I really do avoid a lot of subjects and situations that might make me feel negative things. I just kind of avoid negative feelings whenever possible, because I usually feel guilty or ungrateful for having them. All in all, I think she's going to be a great partner in helping me work through these things and come out a wholer, more functional person, wife, and mother.
And, this made my whole day, today I won some vegan lip balm off http://www.thekinddiet.com/. So, yay!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment