The husband and baby have made their weekendly trek to leave me to my education.
I don't know why it's such a struggle for me to get these papers done, but it is. It's a topic in therapy. Fear of the unknown and having to make a decision when I finish them, etc.
Last night I went to Homer's Coffee House and watched my cousin JT perform a 90s show. Hung out with my cousin Dylan and some people I haven't seen in a while. Kristin met me there, and after the show we went to Fred P. Otts, where a friend of hers was doing a karaoke show (she hosts it). I TANKED on the Grateful Dead (started flat, was too nervous to move it up). I did better on my old No Doubt stand by. Redeemed myself.
An old friend of Kristin's was there, and I recognized his friend. I almost went up to him and asked if we'd worked together. I'm glad I didn't, because I recognized him from TV. He was really nice, and helped me fend off a handsy drunk ("She's married and you're really aggressive. She already told you to go away!"). IMDB Michael McMillian. Nice cat, and a local.
It was a blast getting to spend time with Kristin and be out and less responsible than usual (still had to drive home). As nice as it was to see my family in New England, it was also very stressful, and I needed to blow off some steam.
This is my last free week before the new gig begins! Very exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment